Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ballard Design Lamp Revamp

I know I said I was going to show my burlap projects, but I just finished this lamp and I was excited to show it. See this lovely lamp from Ballard Design? Isn't it cute??? A little out of my price range right now, but I thought I had something similar!





Enter this Pier 1 beauty I've had for years and never really liked (I actually have two that sit on my buffet in my upstairs hall).







After a fresh coat of spray paint and A LOT of braided jute this is what I got (sorry about the bad pic--bad lighting)!!!! I love it! Now I just have to finish the other lamp and do A LOT more braiding!






So, what do you think??

I'm linking up to Thrify Decor Chick, The Shabby Chic Cottage, The Shabby Nest, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Shanty 2 Chic, A Soft Place to Land, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket Design, Room To Inspire and Between Naps on the Porch

27 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

looks great!

Jill B. said...

Wow! This is awesome. You are hand braiding this jute? Please tell us how, it looks great. There is nothing better than re-making something you already had, love it!

classy covet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiffany and darren said...

I think you are so cute and so creative and I want to be just like you when I grow up!!

Annie said...

SO CUTE! You're on a roll, girl!

Jessi said...

Looks fabulous!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I think I like yours better than the original...take that BD!!!
Love the color of the shade!

Cindy said...

It's gorgeous!

Victoria said...

I think yours looks better than the expensive one!

Debbiedoos said...

Love that look, so organic!

Holly said...

This looks great! My mom wants one of these shades for her living room and I would rather make her one then spend lots of money buying one. What kind of jute did you use and where did you get it?

Thanks so much!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That looks fantastic! Good job! You now have me wondering if any of my lampshades need make-overs...

Amanda said...

It looks fabulous - very similar to your inspiration. Great job!

Miss Obara said...

I love a good knock off! Thanks for sharing...it turned out great!

Brienne said...

Did you hand braid all of that? Holy crap woman, super cute.

Rachelle said...

Looks just as good as ballard! Thanks for sharing

Rachelle

DowdleFam said...

Awsome Andrea, your crafts inspire me. I love all the stuff you have done to your house.

brokeintrovert said...

Perfection!

Unknown said...

Wow! If I didn't know better I would think they were BOTH PB lamps! Why to go! :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wow, this looks so much like the pottery barn lamp! Love it and thanks for all the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Um, hello comments! Nice work. And I LURVE your blog template. Love! When are we getting together? Thursday?

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

You can't even tell the difference! Great job!! It's SO pretty! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

Room to Inspire said...

It looks like the same lamp! I had to scroll back and forth to really see the slight difference between the two. You did a great job, I love the new look. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired!

Chelsea

Heidi said...

I think it's gorgeous!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Wow, that is totally beautiful. Nice way to update that lamp!

Jane said...

Amazing how similar the two lamp bases are! Great job with the shade. A perfect knock off!

Anonymous said...

Hey--Have you dropped out of my life? We need some pictures of your cute family!!!!!!!